Working On Backs Of Twins Quilts
Sorry for being so absent, but my hard drive died and I have spent two weeks getting it up and running again. This doesn’t mean that I have been idle. I have gotten a lot done with the twins quilts and took a class on attaching binding using the Martelli zip binding system and machine stitching it in place in addition to my computer renovations.
Having finished one of the quilt fronts and laying out the blocks for the second of the twins quilts, I have moved on to working on the back. My daughter in law finally gave me the real measurements of the matresses, so I knew I needed to use ten of the blocks on the back of the quilt. After playing around with those quilt blocks, I finally came upon a layout I liked.
Then on the working on the rest. I have lots of fabric scraps. At first I thought of using only the finished quilt blocks and a few of the very large scraps, then I decided that the smaller scraps will look nice laid out subway tile style. So, off I went. I have most of the scraps laid out so that I like them. Im starting to put them together for the back of the quilt. Essentially, I am making double quilts. Pics later. Camera out too. What is the tech world coming to. Maybe when I get the new IPad I can get something done and uploaded all in one.
More on the zip binding binding attachment also later. It was pretty cool.